You can contact me via this site, or you can text or call me: 412-862-5459.
Pittsburgh seamstress, Jen Rocket, operates from her sewing studio in Highland Park, east of Downtown Pittsburgh
Hello and welcome to my website!
As a 4th generation seamstress, I was behind a sewing machine by the age of 5. I began my formal education with The Art Institute of Pittsburgh and continued at Los Angeles Trade Tech for fashion technical design. I am always pushing myself to learn everything I can about sewing.
Here is a short list of the services that I offer:
- Couture garment creation from design to completion
- Custom wedding gowns and special event gowns
- Garment re-creation based on an existing piece or a photograph
- Costume design and construction using such materials as latex, foam, leather, fur etc.
- Pattern-making and prototyping
- Upcycling and/or restyling of existing garments
- Alterations of existing garments
- Drapery and upholstery
- Fabrication (view my gallery to get a sense of my full skill set)
ATTENTION: I will be out of town June 14-24, 2013.
My studio is located at 5620 Callowhill St. (#2) Pittsburgh, PA 15206. Hours of operation: Monday & Wednesday-Saturday, 10am-8pm by appointment. On Tuesdays, I teach a fiber arts class through the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.
Here is some of my work (more can be found in the gallery)
Be sure to like me on Facebook!